Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What you wished for


I remember listening to an audiobook a few years back on the science of achievement, the author said one thing that really struck home with me. The lesson was something to the effect of " everything that you have in your life, positive or negative you have asked for.

The more I thought about it, the more I realized it was true. All my achievements had been a direct result of what I had either verbally or mentally asked for. Now the obvious retort would be that no one wishes for bad things, so this quote is bull. The truth is most of us do wish bad things upon ourselves, through negative self talk and destructive visualization.

I cant tell you how many times I have told myself something was going to go bad, and it come to pass or how many times I have talked myself out of doing things I later regretted that I did not do.

On the other hand, there have been times where I have wanted something so bad that I could taste it, and sure enough within a matter of months it was mine.

The point I am getting at, is be aware of what thoughts you bring into your life, negative or positive. They will have a direct effect on your success.

No comments: